Friday 30 January 2015

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is achievement!

As January draws to a close, I've been reflecting on everything I've achieved this month. I managed to support my husband through the death of his Mother, start back at work, build my business, book 5 weddings, settle Sticky into day care and loose weight! All of those relatively successfully.

I'll admit, there were times I was stressed out of my eyeballs, exhausted and I crumbled. I was irritable, snappy and not the best version of myself. But, those moments were minimal.

All of this culminated in one moment this morning when I was in the shop trying on a dress. I had met a couple at this shopping centre last night I never go to. I got totally lost trying to find the restaurant I was meeting them in and saw this dress shop on my travels. I decided to go back today to see if they had anything nice. 

I found this beautiful teal green lace dress. They had one left and it was my size. Of course, I had been trying to find exactly this dress for a photoshoot I did earlier in the week but it clearly wasn't meant to be.

As I slipped the dress over my head, I said a silent prayer it would fit. Actually, I probably looked at it for a good minute or two willing it to fit before I put it on. I looked at myself in the mirror stunned it fit and amazed at how fabulous I looked. I was actually a bit teary looking at myself and overcome with the sense of achievement I felt with everything I had done in the last 30 days.

There were so many times I doubted myself, questioning my ability to do everything I wanted to do. I was forced to make different choices for the sake of my husband and baby but I didn't consider them sacrifices. They were just choices for us. But, some of them were hard because I had moments of wanting to be selfish. 

But, in that moment, wearing that dress, I felt proud of myself. For juggling being a working a mother and wife. For making time for myself to engage on my passion. For working towards achieving my dream. For realizing that I am much more capable than I give myself credit for. As we move further into 2015, it was a good lesson to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...