Friday 9 January 2015

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is coping with change.
So we survived my first week back at work. I managed to get Sticky and I out of the house on time, organise our lunches and not fall asleep at work. She survived her first week of  an extra day at day care. I'm exhausted, but we made it!

It was made more difficult by my husband being at home for the week. He needed the time off following his mother passing away. The energy I've spent supporting him through that, plus dealing wih my own grief has been enormously draining. So the fact we've survived to week is amazing. Mind you, I know it's only a matter of time before I crash and burn. It's inevitable so I just continue to push myself until it happens.

I know next week is going to bring a new set of challenges when my husband needs to get out of the house too so that will bring a new change, but, I'm sure we'll be fine. The one lesson I've learnt from this week is the extreme organization a working mum needs. Again, it's one of those moments I thank The Lord for the fact I have super organization powers!

So, it was an interesting start to life as a working mother. I know there will be days when we don't get out on time or something will go astray so I figure I can only deal with that when it happens. Until then, I give us pats on the back for surviving week 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...