Friday 19 December 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is 11!

Yes, my tiny little bundle is 11 months old today. I can't believe that this is the last time we will have a "month" celebration. From next month, it will only be years.

The time has gone so fast and I've watched that little tiny creature I first met 11 months ago, turn into a talking, clapping, crawling,standing child. In fact, I don't even feel I can really call her a baby anymore. She is most definitely a toddler!

As we come towards celebrating her first Christmas, I can't help but think where I was last Christmas and how much life has changed in that time. It seems more appropriate to talk about that when she turns 1 but I still pause for reflection.

Last Christmas was the last one I got to spend with my Grandmother. It was a very special day and in a way, Sticky was there to share it with her. It will be difficult this year without my Grandmother wearing one of her crazy Christmas hats but we know she will be there in spirit. 

There is a part of me that cannot believe next year is 2015. We will have many big milestones but the two biggest will be Sticky turning 1 and me turning 40...eeekkk! But, my biggest party will be for Sticky. There's a huge part of me that has always thought if I can get her to her 1st birthday she's safe. She's less at risk for SIDS and all the other things that can happen to babies. For me, it won't just be a party but a huge relief. Maybe I'll even stop checking on her to see if she's still breathing. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...