Friday 12 December 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is babyhood.
As Sticky stares down her 11 month, and is now pulling herself up on the furniture, I realise her days in babyhood are numbered and toddlerhood is quickly approaching.

She's now constantly taking, moving, singing and dancing. She's growing, learning and changing at an alarming rate and it's all I can do to keep up with her. But, it makes me very thankful that I've been lucky enough to spend her entire babyhood with her. 

I've been there for all the big moments - from burping, to rolling, to sitting, to talking, to crawling and now standing. I know how lucky I am to have not missed any of those milestones and am blessed I've been able to develop such a special relationship.

Even though her conversation skills are lacking, she's my favourite coffee and lunch companion. I get excited when she wakes up and still fight the urge to get her out of her cot to play with her. I still look at her in amazement that she's mine.

I know these blissful days will soon be a memory as tantrums, independence and choices arrive. She's already shaking her head to tell me no and it won't be long until she says it. Then, the real fun and games will begin. But, I know all of those milestones will be just as exciting to reach.

So my biggest lesson is while there have been difficult times, and sleepless nights, I never wished it away. I reminded myself that it wouldn't last forever, but I never asked for it to be over. Somehow I knew it would be so fleeting and so important to cherish, and cherish it I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...