Monday 24 November 2014

Dora the explorer

I've started calling Sticky Dora because she just wants to go and explore every nook and cranny we have. So much so she explored herself right off the bed and onto the floor over the weekend. It was my worst fear come true.

Sticky had woken up at 4:30am on Sunday morning so I'd bought her into bed with us. We all fell asleep until I was awaken by a loud thump on the floor and screaming. She must have crawled to the end of the bed and either over balanced or tried to get down. Either way, her exploring came to an abrupt end.

She screamed for about 20 minutes before I could calm her down. I think it was shock rather than actually being hurt but of course I was paranoid all day she had a concussion. I constantly checked her as she slept but it became clear she was totally fine. I think I was more shaken up then she was!

This new phase is going so quickly. She's just starting to pull herself up and wants to stand all the time. This makes trying to change her nappy a very difficult process but we get there. I hazard a guess she will bypass crawling on her knees and go straight to walking and I don't thin it will take her long to get there! Then, I'll really be in trouble!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...