Thursday 6 November 2014

Baby gate barneys

So for the past week, we've been trying to install baby gates. Who knew that would be the hardest and most stressful thing I'd face this week!

Baby gates seem like the most easiest thing in the world. You'd think that. And it sounds true. But it's not! Well, maybe it would be if the measurements were correct to begin with. And maybe it would be if you had all the pieces you needed. And maybe it would be if you weren't already stressed with everything else you were trying to accomplish at the same time!

So, after much swearing, 3 trips to the hardware store, and ripping the paint if 3 walls, 2 out of the 3 are up. I was going to back again this morning to get the other pieces but of course I forgot to take my purse. Now, the other one will just have to wait until we get back from our holiday.

And just to add insult to injury, I've banged said baby gate into my ankle 3 times now. Clearly, it's going to take some getting used to. Right now, I'm not even thinking of having to repaint 3 walls. It just goes with all the calamities in our life like the wardrobe we put together that's too big. It's now sitting in the garage!

All of these things that frustrate us in life if we let them. But as I said to my husband, these are not the worse things to happen to us so why are we worried! I'll remind myself if he hat on our holiday given we'll have to come home to sort them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...