Friday 3 October 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is sleep!
Sticky has now slept through the night for 7 straight nights. The only time I've been woken up is when I've woken myself up. I hate it when that happens!

I feel like a new woman with uninterrupted sleep although I still feel tiered. I guess that's just motherhood, and running your own business, and being a wife, and just life. She's only waken up twice for her dream feed and gone back to sleep on both occasions. If she doesn't wake up, I don't give it to her, so she seems to naturally be weaning herself off that.

I was so worried if we would ever get back to this stage. She struggled for so long to get to sleep and stay asleep. Those moments where I sat up patting her, or trying to calm her next to me in bed, were very difficult. I wondered if I ever had her in good sleeping patterns to begin with - well, I clearly did and she's gone back to them!

The only difference is she now wakes up between 6 and 6:30am. But, given that means she's normally slept 12 hours straight, you won't hear me complain! It just means I don't let her sleep as long during the day so we can her her down before 7pm. Most of the time I win, occasionally she does!

I'm so grateful that we're back into our good habits. She self settles and if she wakes up, I don't need to be with her. It's taken some tough love on my part of let her cry for a bit but I'm glad I've done it. The funny thing is, I never know when or if she will revert back so I'm grateful for each night we make it through. 

Wishing you all a weekend of restful sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...