Wednesday 1 October 2014

Baby watching

Sticky is growing and developing at an alarming rate. It's become so much a case of blink and you'll miss it, that my husband is too afraid to go to work!

Just between you and me, I think one of the reasons he's chosen to work from home this week is because she's started saying "Da-da" on a regular basis. He was reluctant to embrace it at first, but on Sunday, he walked into the room and she looked at him and said "Da-da." It was the first time he felt she was really talking to him. He hasn't want to leave her side ever since!

It's not just her language that is constantly changing, but her motor skills. Yesterday, she suddenly started waving. I've only started trying to teach her waving hello and goodbye over the past 2 weeks. It was quite funny that she started doing it while sitting in her high chair and now it seems that's the only time she wants to do it. I got excited about it because it's the first time she's mimicked something I've done! 

On top of all of that, she's starting to spin on her tummy more, reach for things she wants and rolls. She's even wanting to stand up more but still no sign of crawling. I see the other babies in our Mother's Group who are standing in the cot or crawling but she doesn't seem interested. I think she's far more focused on figuring out what she wants to say and how to say it. She even grunted in frustration this morning!

I wonder if this is why she's gone back to sleeping well? There is so much going on in her little body she must be mentally and physically exhausted. To be honest, I'm so in love with her right now that I don't care if she sleeps or not! I just want to be around her and just like my husband, I'm totally addicted to watching her to see what she does next! Maybe I'm just secretly waiting for a "Ma-ma."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...