Tuesday 9 September 2014

Officially a Mum

Last night in her sleep, Sticky said "Mum". It's official - her first word and I'm it!
We've had a few rough nights with her anis to eczema and teething. She was awake from 7:30 to midnight then 4:30am to 6am. As we got her back to sleep the second time, I was lying in bed trying to go back to sleep too. I noticed she was talking in her sleep. She said babble, babble, babble, Mum, babble, babble. My ears pricked up straight away!

I was too exhausted to get too excited but did tell my husband. He grunted through his exhaustion too. But today, she said it again so I know I didn't dream it.

It feels quite surreal to finally hear it. I can't wait to have conversations with her and I'm very excited to see how her language develops. I speak to her constantly so god only knows what will come out of her mouth. But, this is a start and it's the best start! I've been waiting 2 years to hear a little voice say that word so I'm a happy Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...