Monday 15 September 2014

Little Miss Chatterbox

All of a sudden Sticky has decided she has a lot to say. She went from the strong, silent type to being my daughter and never being quiet!

From my first "Mum", Sticky has now said "Yes" and "Yay". I particularly loved "Yay" because it was "Yaayyyyyyyyyy". Just how I say it to her everytime we sing Insy Winsy Spider!

But today, she's started a new one which is "Ba-ba-ba." It's very close to "Bubba" but not quite. She's been repeating it over and over again all day, and playing with the different octaves of her voice. It's the first time I've ever heard her really chat like that.

She's not yet saying anything consistently, and of course, when I ask her to say "Mum Mum Mum" I get nothing. But, I understand it will take time and these are our first steps into language.

She's a chip off the old block really. I've always been told I could talk under water and I'm assuming she will be the same. I feel sorry for my husband. As the introverted, quiet type, he'll now have two rather chatty women to deal with. Luckily he grew up with three sisters so he should be use to it. I hope for his sake he is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...