Friday 29 August 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday! What's fabulous about today is achievements!
Sticky and I both made fabulous achievements today. She had her first day at child care and I officially released my new business website. Both were the first steps in our new journeys.

I'm proud of myself that we both did so well today. I actually feel that both were my achievements. I did have a little cry before I took her in, but I quickly got over it because I didn't want her to see me upset. Then I was brilliant - no crying at all. Not even when they called me to say I'd forgotten to take formula! Rookie child care Mum mistake!

She also did brilliantly! She ate her food, had 2 sleeps and did a foot painting for Father's day. When I went to pick her up, the older kids were talking to her and yelling "Baby Gabby", "Baby Gabby." The assistant told me she was a lovely baby and couldn't believe how much she smiled. Then she was disappointed when I put her in her pram as she wouldn't get to see her until next week. Everyone's comments were very touching. 

I spent the day getting things ready for my website. When I finally sent it live, I breathed a sigh of relief and my husband and I went out for lunch. He took the day off to make sure I didn't spend it lying in the fetal position crying but I made sure I was too busy for that. We came home and I had to run off to the shops to get stationery and prepare for my first client meeting on Sunday.

So I feel enormously relieved we survived today. Taking the first step on a new journey can be difficult because you don't know where it will take you. But, I think we both had faith it's going to take us somewhere fabulous so we stepped together! I think she held my hand a little more than I held hers, but the important thing is we supported each other and with that kind of support, I know we can accomplish anything!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...