Monday 30 June 2014

Wonder Week #5

Changes are afoot in our house as Sticky reaches new milestones. My little baby is becoming more of a little lady with each passing day!





Our biggest new milestone is sitting - yep, she sat up by herself for the first time on Friday night. Now, she hates lying down. Anytime she's on her back, she's grunting and groaning trying desperately to lift her torso up. We now have screams of frustration when she can't do it.

She's also becoming more clingy as she goes through this Week which is all about relationships. She's starting to learn the importance of relationships - not just with people but her relationships with things. She's definitely learning about her place in the world and how she interacts in it.

This means that she's become more demanding of my time as she goes through it. Normally, I cope with it well, but I'm struggling a bit at the moment with a bad cold. Today was the first day I really struggled to get out of bed. I cringed when she woke up at 6:45am and bought her into bed with me in the hope she would go back to sleep. Alas, she didn't!

As I sneeze, snort, cough and try to control my running nose, finding the energy to deal with a frustrated and crying baby is a challenge. Welcome to Motherhood is all I can think! There will be these days when I just want to climb under the doona and stay in bed, and, there will be days when I can do that. Alas, today is not one of them so it's time to pull up the big girl pants and get on with it. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed I don't pass it onto her! Here's hoping we get through the challenges of this week in one piece!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...