Friday 13 June 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday all! What's fabulous about today is new directions!

It's been 10 years in the making, but come Monday, I will finally start the journey of becoming a celebrant. I'm a little nervous about having to get my brain back into real thinking mode but I'm looking forward to the challenge. I don't think it's going to be particularly hard in terms of the content of the course, but leaving Sticky for the first time will be.

The longest I've ever left her is about 4 hours. Next week, it will be a whole day - from 7:30am to 5:30pm for 5 days. I can understand the need to do it, but she won't. I hate to think of the state of confusion she'll be in - trying to figure out why Mummy isn't here and Daddy is. Add to that the fact my mother-in law is staying next week and there's a whole new person she'll be spending time with too. 

So, next week is going to be big. I'll be on my course, my mother-in-law is visiting and on the 19th, Sticky will be 5 months old and I'll be 39. Yep, it's also my last birthday in the 30s. Facing the last year in this decade is also preparing me for another new direction!

It's hard to believe that this time next year I'll be 40. I certainly don't feel as old as I am. Whenever I think of 40 year olds, I think of really mature people. But, I guess I know plenty of people in their 40s who still aren't mature!

I wonder if this dream of becoming a celebrant has resurfaced because I'm facing 40. I do think it's an age where you start thinking about the next chapter or your life and where you want to be heading. I do feel like I am at the proverbial crossroad and it's time to be brave, embrace the dream, and embark on a new journey. I can't wait to get started!

I'm not the only one taking a new direction. Today, Sticky took her own new direction, graduating from the bouncer to her "entertainment saucer." The name sounds so disco! She's trying so hard to sit up and stand so we had to upgrade. She's definitely left her babyness behind and toddlerhood seems to be staring me in the face. Even a woman at the cafe this morning said to me "They grow up so quickly!" Tell me about it! 

My little cherub is growing up so quickly and come next Thursday, we will share our big milestones together. It will be my last birthday in the 30s and her last one before she hits the half way mark of her first year. How fabulous we get to share the day together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...