Friday 9 May 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday all! What's fabulous about today is baby talk!
Sticky is becoming so vocal now. I swear I've heard her say "Mum" and "Mama" as part of her cries and chatter. I know it's unlikely to be purposeful, spoken words but they are words none the less.


I love hearing her talk. It's so funny to hear little babbles and shrieks of laughter. I would love to know what she's saying herself. Here's a little clip of her!


It's so reassuring to hear her talk like this. Wonder Week #4 continues and it feels like one step forward and two steps back. Last night, we didn't get her to sleep until midnight so while I'm feeling sub-par today, she remains happy and chatty. With everything that's happening in her little mind this week, I'm glad she's doing ok with it. There have been times when I've seen her struggle with and be in pain, so knowing she's coping well overall is a blessing. 

I think this Wonder Week has also coincided with a growth spurt because she suddenly seems huge! She's chugging down the milk like never before and I've noticed her become a bit more chubbier. I realised this happens before she shoots up! Also, her pants are suddenly too short so it's back to the sewing machine for me!

I feel a bit sad that my little baby is no longer a little baby. She's definitely moved from newborn to baby and soon enough she'll become a toddler. Seeing how quickly she grows and changes has been one of the biggest shocks of parenthood. I told my husband last night he needs to start engaging with her more because he'll blink and miss it otherwise. I know it's hard for him to do because she doesn't really engage back but I know he'll regret it if he doesn't. 

Watching a little person experience their "firsts" in everything in life is such a privilege. I am so glad to be able to share it with her and guide her on her journey. I'm especially excited that this Sunday is Mother's Day. I'll be sure to share it with you on Monday.

To all the Mum's out there, have a lovely Mother's Day. To all the expecting Mums, this time next year it will be your turn! And to all the women trying to become Mums, keep on trying. Your time will come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...