Friday 23 May 2014

Fabulous Friday



Happy Fabulous Friday all! What's fabulous about today is persistence!

A few months after my miscarriage, I took up sewing. It was something to do to try and refocus my mind and give me a new challenge. At times, it was so frustrating. Whenever I couldn't sew a straight line, made a mistake or had to unpick something, I wanted to throw it in. But, I didn't. I persisted, continued to practice and make mistakes and finally mastered a few simple items. Although I have to say a baby's denim jacket was anything but simple!

I didn't have any real idea what I wanted to make when I started. It was just an idea that popped into my head. I started with handbags and made some beautiful ones. I then moved onto wine bags, tote bags and children's book bags. When I fell pregnant, I started making baby clothes.

As often happens in life, the inspiration we get always has a reason. And this is mine!




Because Sticky is so thin she doesn't fit regular pants. She needs ooo for the length but they are too big on the waist and she looks like a scarecrow. These are pants I've made her to get through the next few days that are predicted to be hot. My sewing skills have allowed me to create tailored pants for my daughter that fit her perfectly! Not only do I take great satisfaction in being able to provide clothing for her, but I revel in my ability to have made the pattern myself.

I remember those first few months where I nearly gave up. I think my resolve to continue was a result of my vow to never give up and fight for what you want after loosing Peanut. I'm so glad I didn't give up on myself because now I have beautiful clothes and a valuable lesson to teach Sticky! I still make mistakes, and still get frustrated, but each time I get a little bit better and that's what's most important!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...