Friday 21 February 2014

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday all! I hope you've all had a great week. I don't know about you but this week has flown by. Mind you, that seems to happen every week now. But, what's fabulous about this week was butterfly kisses!
I don't know if Sticky has always done this, or whether I've just noticed it, but this was the first week I felt her give me butterfly kisses. For those that don't know, butterfly kisses are when you feel the flutter of someone else's eyelashes on your body. 

I've started noticing them on my shoulder when I put her on it to pat her. She snuggles up into the crook between my neck and shoulder and I can feel these tiny little flutters that slightly tickle. It's the most gorgeous thing and my heart melts everytime she does it. She's growing so quickly I'm not sure how long she'll continue to fit there so I'm enjoying them while they last. 

My other big achievement for this week was going on our first play date. Well, play date might be a slight exaggeration - it consisted of a friend and I having lunch whilst Sticky slept and her baby sat in her pram and smiled at us. But, it did consist of me leaving the house, driving with Sticky by myself, getting the pram out of the car by myself, and putting it back in which had it's challenges. Overall, I was very proud of myself for managing all of this with minimal stress.

Next week will be the big one-when my husband returns to work. It will be the first time Sticky and I will be by ourselves for more than a few hours. I'm feeling a little nervous about that but I know the two of us will be just fine. I feel like I'm being thrown into the deep end but I know it has to happen. It's now time for us to start learning to do things by ourselves and to get on with living our life. Part of me is actually excited by it and looking forward to our new adventures. I'm so glad to have had this time with my husband and for him to have had this time with his daughter. But, all good things must come to end and the next phase of being parents awaits us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...