Monday 13 January 2014

38 weeks and 7 sleeps to go!


I've made it to 38 weeks and after a labour scare over the weekend, am very glad Dr T. Is now back on board!




Here I am dressed up for our last dinner as a duo. My husband and I treated ourselves out to a nice dinner on Friday night. We went to an Indian restaurant and asked for medium spice curries. I'm not a big spice fan and mine was just bearable but my husband's was too hot for me. I had to come home and have an ice cream despite being full! 

As I lay in bed, I suddenly felt these sharp pains which seem to be happening every few minutes. I also had pains in my groin which seemed to get worse. I couldn't really describe how I felt but I just knew it was weird. I had no idea if they were contractions or not but given they seemed regular, thought they might be. My husband grabbed his phone and started googling my symptoms and asked if he should call the hospital. I think he was willing me to be in labour because he's now starting to get more impatient than me!

I knew that to be in true labour the pains had to increase in intensity which wasn't happening. I told my husband we should just try to go to sleep and see what happens. We did fall asleep but I woke up several times just feeling unsettled. Needless to say, Sticky did not appear. It might have just been the spicy curry that stirred her up.

On Saturday, Sticky spent the day moving about. She gave me a massive kick which I hadn't felt in quite sometime. Clearly, she found enough room to get some momentum up to hit me with some ferocity. She also started a new movement which I thought might be her engaging. It felt like her head was trying to burrow down and squeeze through my pelvis. It was a constant movement that felt like she was trying to go down then forward. She had an uncanny ability to hit a specific point on my bladder that resulted in a few close calls of just making it to the toilet in time. Something was definitely going on!

She remained active for the rest of the weekend. I felt kicks, head butts and rolling about everywhere. I have no idea where she suddenly found all the room to do this, or the sudden burst of energy, but it was nice to feel her wriggling about. Maybe she's just making the most of her last few days on the inside.

I'm glad she didn't come over the weekend. Dr T. Is now back from leave and we have our last check up with him tomorrow. I'm looking forward to touching base with him given we haven't seen him in 3 weeks. I must say I feel more relaxed knowing that if she does come, he's now here to do the honors. Not that it would have mattered if she came early, but it's good to know he'll be around.

It's hard to imagine that this time next week I'll be holding my baby. I'm trying not to think about it too much so I don't freak myself out. I'm going to spend some quality time with myself and just try and make the most of the last time I have to myself. I get the occasional attack of butterflies and nerves and just try to push it away. I'm preparing myself to be doing a lot of deep breathing in these last 7 days!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...