Monday 6 January 2014

37 weeks

So 37 weeks means I'm officially full term. I'm grateful to have reached this milestone but the gratitude is subdued by the sheer boredom I'm now experiencing,
The weekend was so hot I had no choice but to spend the whole time sitting inside. I got a lovely reprieve with dinner at a friend's house but other than that, I was pretty much stuck in front of the tv.

I'm having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions now which can be a bit painful. Sticky is finally running out of room so I often have an appendage poking out my side which can also be painful. It feels like she's starting to engage as I feel a lot of movement and pressure in my pelvic area. There's nothing quite like a head butt in your pelvis!

Overall, I'm hot, bothered, bored and over it. I've got everything organised and there's nothing left for me to do. Boredom is my worse enemy as I tend to get a bit compulsive when the boredom gets too much. So I've cleaned the spare room out, reorganized the wardrobe, sorted mine and my husband's shoes and reorganized the frozen meals in the freezer. I'm very close to pulling out the paint and touching up patches on the walls I missed but I'm resisting the urge to do it.

So I'm feeling a bit bah humbug at the moment. I feel like I'm just in a holding pattern waiting for my life to change. I know I should be making the most of this last quiet time I have but given it's been 7 weeks since I finished work, I've had more quiet time then I can handle. I'm ready for the screaming, nappies and sleeplessness to begin!

I think my current mood is heightened by the fact a friend is having her cesear today. At 39 weeks its time for her. I guess my real issue is my impatience and wishing I was 39 weeks too. I know it's only 2 weeks away - in fact it's only 13 days. But 13 days seems so far away. I know I won't be saying that next week. Next week I'm likely to be a freaked out mess that I only have 1 week to go, so I know I really only have to survive this week.

So, if the weather gods will send some relief from out current heat wave, I'm going to try and get out of the house and take myself out for a coffee or lunch. Doing some Internet research on where I might like to go will also give me something to do. Other than that, I'll continue working my way through some tv shows and moving from seat to seat on the couch. At least sitting at home for so long means I'm wearing in the new couch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...