Friday 29 November 2013

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday all. What's fabulous about today, is actually tomorrow!
Tomorrow marks 50 days until Sticky's arrival. It still seems a long way off but I know it's not.  It's really just over 1.5 months. Just this week of maternity leave has gone so quickly so time is slipping through the hourglass. I thought maternity leave would drag on but it's not the case. My days get sucked up so quickly along with my energy. So I am very grateful I don't have to drag myself into work.

My lesson for this week is to slow down. However, when I see my diary for next week includes the dentist, obstetrician and a child care centre tour, I realise I'm not off to the best start. But, I've at least learnt that if I have these appointments, I don't organise anything else on these days. And, I've also realised that Friday needs to be a home day because by the end of the week, I'm pretty much a husk.

But overall, my first full week of maternity leave has been good. I've got several things sorted, received some lovely gifts and had some visits with friends. Those conversations came at just the right time when I needed some extra reassurance and guidance. The advice and sentiments my friends shared with me of their own experiences has been so valuable and I appreciate it so much.

As December looms, these 50 days are quickly ticking away. I feel happy, excited, anxious and scared about that but mostly, I am looking forward to realizing the moment that's been playing over and over in my mind for so many months now - when a nurse puts a baby on my chest and says "this is your daughter." 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...