Monday 4 November 2013

28 weeks and counting!

I am 28 weeks today. We are ever so slowly creeping towards the 30 week mark. It feels painfully slow at the moment but slow and steady wins the race I guess!

So the pic – well, when I look at myself on the left, I can finally see something that is starting to resemble a pregnant tummy. However, when I look at myself naked, I see the picture on the right! Ok, not as bad as that obviously, but my body is clearly heading in that direction.  My hips are expanding at warp speed, my boobs are dropping at an exponential rate and my thighs are continuing their battle to support it all.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining about this. I just think it’s funny that the external appearance is so different to the internal perception. But that’s the whole point of fertility statues – they are meant to represent all the elements that fertility and new life bring. So when I look in the mirror and see myself like this, I celebrate the wide hips, droopy boobs and strong thighs. They are all signs that things are working and moving in the right direction and for that I am 
enormously grateful.

I have noted some changes to my body of late. I’m definitely needing to pee more – last night I made 4 trips to the bathroom so I’m just thinking of it as getting prepared for being up and down all night. My sleep is also being affected so last night I woke up at 3am and didn’t manage to get back to sleep until 6am. So again, getting use to disturbed sleep!

As I sit at my desk, I notice my tummy creeping closer and closer to the end of my desk. It’s a good thing that I only have 2.5 more weeks at work because once my tummy hits the desk, my back will suffer. I’m glad I’ll be gone before that happens!

I’m also becoming more and more uncomfortable in the car – especially driving long distances. We spent the weekend with my Grandmother on the coast which is a 1.5 hour drive away. Now, my back starts seizing up, my bum goes numb and the seatbelt is starting to feel a bit tight. I’ve also realised I can’t drive long distances anymore because needing to pee and a kicking baby makes it rather difficult to focus on the road. My husband will now be my chauffer for future trips!
Other than that, I’m travelling pretty well. I think it’s helped by the fact Sticky is still quite small and “lying low” as my Mother puts it. She’s lying across my belly so I don’t feel like all my innards are being squished towards my ribs yet. I’m sure that will happen soon as she’ll be forced to start moving up but, the longer I have without that, the better!


I’m beginning to wonder how big I’ll actually get. I see these women who look like they’re about to pop and wonder if I will ever look like that. But, I know the majority of Sticky’s weight will start to arrive from 30 weeks so I’m preparing myself to get big quickly. I should probably stop munching on  M&Ms and maltesers, and I should probably stop making myself cheesecake every weekend, but I figure what the hell. Everything else I eat is healthy so I’m going to continue to allow myself these little treats. Mind you, I could be in for a rude surprise once I finish work and I’m not moving around as much. But that’s ok, stopping work might let me start exercising again so I’ll see how long I can manage an afternoon walk for!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...