Monday 28 October 2013

Third Trimester - A marvelous Monday!

Today represents two major milestones - I am officially in my 3rd trimester and Sticky is now deemed "viable." It's a Marvelous Monday indeed.

Sticky must have known we were heading to this big day. Over the weekend, she suddenly ramped up the wriggling and kicking and she's making the most of her new found strength. At first, I was worried something may have been going on. But, after some research, I realise this is just her getting bigger and stronger.

Time sometimes goes slow that I forget what things were like in the early days. The kicks and movements have been ever so gradually getting stronger and more regular so it makes sense they should be close to reaching their peak. She'll only have the space to move around like this for a while. Once she hits about 32 weeks, she'll start to run out of room the kicks and movements will start to ease. Mind you, I won't be surprised if that happens a bit later because she seems to be on the smaller size.

On the downside, just as I went to leave for work this morning, I was struck down with terrible cramps. I literally could not move or get up. I spent over an hour lying in bed trying everything I could think of to try to relieve the pain. I knew it was a build up of gas and I assumed it was a result of my intestines being pushed up and twisted, making it harder for the gas to escape. The pain got so bad I burst into tears. I could do nothing but lie there and cry. After 1.5 hours, it started to release and I felt better. But, all that did was result in a very upset tummy and me having to work from home. It wasn’t quite the way I wanted to spend today but I’m trying not to let it bring me down. It’s just another one of those joys of pregnancy!

So, thinking of the positive, one of the greatest things I feel today is a sense of achievement. It's been a long journey from being told Peanut wasn't viable to knowing Sticky is. Not that I want her coming anytime soon, but it's a relief to know she has a fighting chance if something does happen. I also think it’s a great achievement to reach the 3rd trimester. Again, it's been a long journey to get here and it's amazing to think she'll be here in only 12 weeks. I know we still have a way to go, but today, in this moment, I'm happy and excited just to be here. There were times I thought we wouldn't make it but together, Sticky and I are pushing through and now we're one step closer to that precious moment where our eyes will meet for the first time! I so can't wait for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...