Tuesday 8 October 2013

24 weeks and counting!


So I am now 24 weeks. As you can see, I’m still not showing a huge amount but we’re slowly but surely getting there. Clearly, there is a lot of room to grow!

I’ve put on 5 kilos but it appears to be all baby. I always know when I’ve put on weight as I get a feeling of heaviness in my face. I don’t have that feeling right now and, my face looks as thin as ever, although that could be a result of my new haircut! But, I haven’t put on weight anywhere else so I’m putting it down to Sticky!

I had a productive weekend where we bought a car. As a result of my experience, I do not recommend going car shopping the day after you’ve been diagnosed with depression or before you’ve had your morning coffee. All are significant impacts on how much crap you can handle.

Overall, it was simple process. We saw some cars, spoke to the salesman, decided which one we liked, took it for a drive and agreed on a price. Then, we had to go through the “checkout process” which sent me over the edge. We were given the spiel on tinted windows, paint seal and fabric seal. We went for the tinted windows for Sticky’s sake. At this stage we’d been there for nearly 2 hours.

I could feel my blood sugars start to plummet, Sticky was kicking and I was on the verge of tears. The situation was becoming overwhelming and I needed to get out of there fast. My husband took one look at my face and knew it was time to get me out. We paid out deposit and found the nearest café for a food and coffee stop.

Now I’ve had a few days to think about it, I know we got a good deal but I still feel uneasy. It’s so much money to spend and I still feel anxious Sticky won’t make it. But, I have to try and push that out of my mind and I’ve been telling myself that buying it now will give us a chance to get use to driving it before she arrives. Here’s hoping I remain calm when I go to get the bank cheque on Friday!

The other big news is my husband felt Sticky kick for the first time last night. I had had a few moments over the weekend worried she wasn’t moving a lot. I tried to push and poke her to get her to move until my husband told me I needed to deal with my issues instead of making our daughter do it for me. I knew he was right but I haven’t quite figured out how to do that.
Yesterday, she was on the go for most of the day. She went off when I was at a friend’s house holding her 6 month old. It was an interesting experience to be kicked from the inside and outside at the same time. I don’t know if Sticky was getting upset because she was being squashed or she was being possessive and saying “That’s my Mummy, get away,” to the other baby. I like to think it was the later!

Then last night I was in bed lying on my side and felt lots of wriggling. It’s quite uncomfortable when she starts moving and I’m on my side so I rolled over to my back to let her get it out of her system. All of a sudden, I felt a massive kick and felt my entire belly ripple. I hadn’t had that before, and in fact it was the first proper kick I’d had in 3 weeks.


I figured that must have been strong enough for my husband to feel it if it made my whole belly move so I quickly grabbed his hand and put it on my belly. A few seconds later she did another two almighty kicks which he could feel. “I felt that” he exclaimed. “Ahhh.” And he promptly rolled over and went back to sleep. I think he thought it would be more of a monumental moment but I guess it’s probably a bit anti-climatic at the same time. We’ll see if he feels the same way once he starts seeing feet and hands waving across my belly! I on the other hand, was very excited just to feel kicks again. It’s nice to know she’s getting big enough and strong enough to pack such a punch. I’m expecting it will only get more violent from here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...