Tuesday 17 September 2013

21 weeks - a carrot with legs!


I’m officially into my 21st week. Sticky is approximately the size of a carrot and will now put on an average of 60 grams a week for the next 6 or 7 weeks.  She must be getting big because she decided to make her presence felt over the weekend!

Sadly, my husband and I didn’t really enjoy our babymoon. We didn’t like the area or the accommodation we stayed in so it was a bit disappointing. However, we did enjoy spending time with each other and it was nice to be away from the distractions of home.

One of the best outcomes of the weekend was feeling Sticky kick again. It was the first time I’d felt proper kicks since her first effort, 4 weeks ago! It was a long time in between jabs. I think she decided to kick me in that moment because I was furious I had to go and ask the managers of the hotel to quieten down at 1am. I was laying in bed fuming and I think she was letting me know she could feel it too. She did it a bit over the weekend and at one stage I had to rub my belly and say “Yes Sticky, I know you’re there. Thank you for talking to me.” She calmed down after that.

One of the things I did enjoy about the weekend was making a scrapbook for Sticky. I’d been thinking of it for a while and decided the weekend would be a good time to do it. I wanted to make a book that documented my pregnancy journey, including photos, stories and the first time she did things. My plan is to continue writing in this book and present it to her at her 18th birthday.

I enjoyed thinking back over the pregnancy and all its ups and downs. I included everything so she would know the journey wasn’t easy for me, how much of a fighter she was and how loved and wanted she was. I also think that should something ever happen to me, she will have something special from me so she will always know how I felt about her.

 We also had a conversation about names but didn’t reach any conclusions. In fact, I had more names to add to the list. We both agree that it’s not going to be an easy process but need to find some way to sort it out. We’re not in any rush, but the time will soon come upon us. I don’t want her being called “Baby Fearn” for a couple of weeks after she’s born just because we can’t agree on a name.


My husband suggested we take all the names and write them down based on preference. We would then go through the lists and the first name to pop up on both would be it. It seemed straight forward enough but I realise there would be strategy involved. I’m trying to figure out how I can play the system to get the name I want. It seems strange to me to think of my daughter called one of his names because I’ve always thought of her having one of my names! Ahh, yes, that’s right – I need to compromise! Luckily we have some time up our sleeves because the process could take a while yet!

Image by James Barker
Courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...