Thursday 8 August 2013

The hips are getting bigger

Yesterday, one of the girls at work commented on the fact my hips had got bigger. The funny thing was, I had only just noticed it myself. I had no idea that your hips grew in pregnancy but it makes sense – room has to be created somehow for the baby to fit in there. To my surprise thought, I’m actually noticing benefits to having wider hips!

I can’t say I’ve ever really thought about my hips. I’ve never been one of these women who lamented having huge hips. The only time in my life I even noticed them was after my tummy tuck. Since then, I haven’t been able to sleep on either side because it creates pressure on my scar. But, that is no longer the case which I assume is due to having extra padding!

I’ve coped with the inability to sleep on my side for about 6 years now. I’ve just got use to sleeping on my back. I have been a bit concerned because you’re not meant to sleep on your back once you get to about 20 weeks because the extra blood in your system can put pressure on your vital organs. However, only this week, it’s become more comfortable to sleep on my side than my back so I’m grateful for that.

I think the dress I wore yesterday just clung to the hips a bit too much. Not that I really care, but I do notice the difference today as I’m wearing my first maternity dress. 

This is the dress I’m wearing and it is hands down the most comfy thing I’ve ever worn. It’s much more flattering and will grow with me. And, it was only $35 from www.asos.com which I highly recommend for cheap but high quality maternity wear!

I am starting to embrace the value of maternity wear and am very glad I’m now big enough to start wearing it. I now understand why women say you will only get away with buying larger normal clothes for so long. I am still able to wear larger tops, but normal pants and dresses just don’t cope with the burgeoning belly. Who knew that side rouging was so magical!


So advice for those who are, or will be thinking of maternity clothes in the future, don’t lament having to move into them. You will need to get a few bigger items until the maternity clothes fit, but once they do, you will never look back. In all honesty, I wish I could keep wearing my maternity clothes long after Sticky is born, but that doesn’t really work with my goal of reaching Yummy Mummy status by the time I’m 39!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...