Thursday 15 August 2013

122 days and counting

I’m having one of those days where the next 122 days can’t come fast enough. That’s how many days I have left until I finish work!

I think today has been particularly hard as we’re in the process of moving offices and one of the girls finishes up tomorrow for maternity leave. It seems like only a few weeks ago she told us she was 12 weeks pregnant so I hope it goes that fast for me. Of course it won’t – it only seems to go fast for those not experiencing it.

This morning, I sat in a meeting thinking I could not care less about this. I know, not very professional of me but trust me, if you knew the content, you wouldn’t care either. I’m also over having to riffle through my handbag to find my ID badge everytime I go in and out of the office. Half the time, the security guys don’t bother looking anyway, but, you can guarantee that the one time you don’t flash it, is the one time they’ll ask you for it.

I’m also struggling with sore muscles today so just getting around the office is painful. I’m actually thinking I’m a pregnancy freak because I have not found a single woman who has experienced this level of round ligament pain in their pregnancy. A few nights ago, the stabbing pain was so bad it made be scream which launched my husband into the air in a fit of panic. I have a whole new appreciation for the term “stabbing pain” because it does feel like how I imagine being stabbed would feel.

All in all, right now is just a bit of a struggle. Not just physically, but emotionally too. I did have a slight freak out yesterday wondering why I didn’t feel anything. I haven’t put on any weight. I haven’t felt any kicks. I haven’t felt any symptoms. Everything seems to have stopped. My friend told me this was totally normal and to make the most of it by going on a holiday. I spoke to my husband about it and we’re going to go away for a “babymoon” to celebrate reaching half way. We now just have to agree on a destination.


On the bright side, I noticed getting dressed this morning my tummy has popped again. So much so, I’m feeling very uncomfortable in my maternity pants today. I thought they would last a while but alas no. It’s very sad given they were the really comfortable pair my friend gave me, but I was always worried they wouldn’t be big enough to see me through. And, one of the girls at work said I was definitely looking pregnant now. So, I guess it just goes to show that just because you can’t feel anything going on, doesn’t mean things aren’t happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...