Friday 14 June 2013

Fabulous Friday

Happy Fabulous Friday all. What’s fabulous about today? – pot bellies, excitement and decaf.

Pot bellies – I officially have a pot belly. Actually, it could be more of a popped belly but either way, it’s sticking out considerably more than normal. I know I’ve already put some weight on, and I know I’m probably still a little bloated, but this is ridiculous. I’m seriously hoping there are twins in there to justify being this big so early.

While the baby is somewhere between the size of a blueberry and a raspberry, my uterus is now the size of an orange so it’s common to feel like your clothes are tight around the 8 week mark. I’ve worn jeans the last two days because they’re stretchy and don’t cut off my circulation. But clearly it’s time to get the pant extender belt out.

I’ve never had a popped belly and I love it. I’m not worried about the weight or the bloating, I’m just worried about starting to show too quickly. I’m currently deciding when I do want to tell people and I want to stick with 2nd trimester, however, my body may squeal on me. I guess in the end it doesn’t matter. As long as my belly continues to grow it means the baby is growing and everything is going well. So who cares who knows and when they know! It will only be 2 or 3 months before everyone knows anyway!

Excitement – I had my monthly lunch today with one of the girls I use to work with. I told her about my pregnancy and she was over the moon. She’s given the most excited response to my news, and was literally jumping up and down. It was lovely to see. I really appreciated being able to talk excitedly to her about it because I don’t feel I’ve had the chance to do that. Other people want me to be reserved, and I think I should be reserved, but sometimes, I want to throw my reserve out the window and jump up and down too!


Decaf – Having to cut down to one cup of coffee a day has been hard. I won’t lie. And yes, I am allowing myself one cup of coffee a day, and if I need another, I’ll have decaf. I stopped making it at home because it was disgusting, but I treated myself to one today. Come Friday afternoon I feel like the walking dead. I can’t stop yawning and all I want to do is go home and crawl into bed. I can’t wait for next week and to start taking Wednesdays off. In the meantime, I’m grateful that decaf allows me to pretend to be caffeinated! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...