Tuesday 14 May 2013

United we stand



This is a picture of my husband and I, taken at a wedding we went to on the weekend. It’s the first “in the moment” photo we’ve ever got of ourselves and right now, I’m cherishing it like it’s my only possession in the world.

To be honest, I don’t remember this photo being taken. I think the wine had definitely kicked in by then. But I don’t care. Look how happy I am. Look how lovingly I’m looking at my husband. Look what a good time we’re having. And a good time we did have.

We decided to let our hair down. We ate, drank and danced. We mingled, chatted and shared funny stories. We celebrated the wedding of our friends and reminisced about our own. It was just what we needed. Now of course, I’m trying not to think of the wine and the potential impact it might have should I be pregnant. I’m sure the damage wouldn’t be too great.

So despite the two hour drive home, the slight hangover and the restless sleep, it was just what we needed. When we got home, and slumped on the couch, our cat came up wanting a pat. I looked at my husband , and my fluffy guy, and thought “If it ends up being just the three of us life will still be good.” I was surprised at that realisation and in that moment I believed it. I’ve stored that away for a rainy day as I have no doubt I’ll probably need to pull it out again sometime in the future.

They say a picture tells a thousand words and my words are luck, love, laughter, joy, soul-mate, friend, husband, team, passion, companion, supporter and forever. Every time I look at this photo, I fall a little more in love with my husband, the man he is and the Father I hope he gets to be. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post and picture. You two do look so happy in that photo. Glad you were able to kick back and have a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...