Sunday 3 March 2013

Clomid fun!


The clomid journey has begun – I’m on to day 2 and the side effects are kicking in. I was hoping I would be one of those people who didn’t suffer them. I was wrong!

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT – THE FOLLOWING POST IS NOT COMPLAINING.  Well, I’m going to try but forgive me if a little boo hoo creeps in!

I woke up this morning with a slight headache, although I put that down to a bad night’s sleep. As I went about my business this morning though, I had slight nausea and sore breasts. I went to see a friend who fell pregnant on Clomid and when I described my symptoms to her, she said “Yep, that’s the joy of clomid. Wait for the migraines and the mood swings!” Things to look forward to!

All in all, I thought I was going pretty well until I met my Mother for lunch. As I walked from the car, I had stabbing pains on the left side of my abdomen. These are the pains I’ve been having ever since I was 4 weeks pregnant. But they were definitely more intense then I’ve had for sometime, and on the left side instead of the right where they typically are. This pain soon moved up my torso, into my left breast, which started to throb. I’ve heard of “heaving” breasts before but never “throbbing” breasts! Needless to say, it wasn’t a pleasant sensation.

Now I’m home, and sitting down, the pain has eased somewhat. However, the headaches and throbbing still persist. I’m not sure if I can take pain relief medication with these tablets so for now, I’m trying to ride it out. I might have to resort to them if it gets too bad.

So, I did pretty well hey! No complaining in all of that – just stating facts. Yay me! At this stage, I don’t have anything to complain about. Even if it all gets worse, it’s still less pain than the miscarriage so I figure there’s no point complaining. If it gets really bad, the anger of “I’m pissed off I have to do this” might rear its head but I know it is my choice to put these drugs into my system so I’ll bare the consequences. If I’m really lucky, I’ll fall pregnant first go and my next public announcement will be how I’m not going to complain about morning sickness. Fingers crossed!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...