Monday 28 January 2013

Reaching a milestone - my 100th post!



On the 28th April 2012 I started this little blog - Maybe Having A Baby (MHAB). Originally, it was meant to be about the trials and tribulations of trying to have a baby in my late 30s. I could never have imagined the journey I would take but at least it hasn’t been boring!

MHAB has now become about the trials and tribulations of surviving miscarriage and trying to conceive all over again. I never expected to cover some of the topics I have as I never imagined they would enter my consciousness, let alone my life! My original idea has now grown into a site where women who have experienced loss, women who are trying to conceive and people trying to support them can come for information, advice, support, encouragement and a listening ear. But most importantly, I hope it provides people with the knowledge that someone out there knows what they are going through.

In the past 9 months there has been 100 posts and 4715 pageviews from over 10 different countries. To think people are reading this in places like Germany, South Korea, India and Iceland blows my mind but I thank you all for taking a look!

For my 100th post, I thought I’d share my readers’ Top 5 posts and my Top 5 posts. I know I have a section on the blog that shows you the most popular posts at any one time, but I’m going to share the most popular of all time! This will give you a chance to take a look at some older posts if you’re relatively new to MHAB.

Reader’s Top 5 Posts of all time:
2 – Baby bonus bewilderment – this is an overview of the Australian Government’s payments to parents so not relevant if you live outside of Australia but you might find it interesting!

My Top 5 Posts of all time:
1 – The two week wait – I find it hard to read this post sometimes but it’s my all time favourite as it’s the one I shared I was pregnant.
2 – The power of three little words – This post will remind me of my values around being a mother and the kind of mother I want to be!
3 – Starting to believe – This post reminds me that I can be rational and brave through another pregnancy.
4 – One month down, forever to go – This was the first time I felt like I had started to accept the miscarriage by saying goodbye to Peanut. While there was a long road ahead of me, it represents the first real step I took towards healing.
5 – 16 tips to cope with a miscarriage – At the time, this post demonstrated how far I had come. It made me realise how much I had learnt and helped put my experience into perspective. It made me realise there was a purpose to everything that had happened and that helped me accept it.

So, where will the next 100 posts take us? Hopefully, we’ll share the journey of a healthy pregnancy but whatever happens, there will no doubt be many more stories to share. If there are any stories, issues or questions you would like me to look at then please let me know – leave a comment or shoot me an emailI’m happy to look at anything! 

Also, please share any comments you have about what you like or don’t like about MHAB – I’m always happy to receive constructive feedback! And don’t forget to like the MHAB Facebook page so you can receive all the updates!

Lastly, I would like to thank you for taking this journey with me. I’m enormously humbled that you choose to read and share my story. I look forward to sharing the rest of the adventure with you!  

Image by Stuart Miles
Courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Fiona - 100 posts is a wonderful achievement (although I am not sure if that is the right way of putting it? You know what I mean though).

    ReplyDelete

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...