Saturday 12 January 2013

Pill popping - the homeopathic fertility program


I had my eagerly awaited visit to the homeopath yesterday to start my fertility program. It's a good thing that I've realised there are no delicacies when trying to fall pregnant as our 2 hour meeting required me sharing all the indepth details of my sex life and bodily functions! The picture above shows all the remedies I came away with. While you may count 8, there were actually 9 but I've consumed one already! It's surprising to know they all have a very specific role to play in getting me pregnant!


 Who knew that being on this program would require such a regiment. Luckily, I'm a very organised person as these all have to be taken at specific times, on specific days within my cycle. Here's what we have:

  • Borax - 1 per day in the morning to help with oestrogen balance, fertile mucus, vaginal dryness and vulvodynia
  • Calc Carb - 1 per day in the morning to help reduce the risk of miscarriage
  • Sepia - 1 per day in the evening to help with progesterone levels, cramps, libido, vulvodynia and post-pill repair
  • Formula F herbal drops - 10 drops, 3 times per day to build a healthy uterine lining
  • Thuja - 1 per week on Mondays for post-pill repair and vulvodynia
  • Nat Mur - 1 per week on Wednesday to regulate cycle length and vulvodynia
  • Borax -1 per week on Friday to help with dryness and vulvodynia.
  • Folliculinum - 1 per day from Days 5 to 14 of cycle to boost ovulation
Phew - as you can see my life now has to be planned around taking these remedies. And, you can see this vulvodynia requires a fair amount of treatment. I'm not surprised, as it's a fair problem!

Despite all the organisation required, I'm thinking of it as "baby in a bottle." If I do fall pregnant, and keep the baby, am I really going to care that I needed to take this pills in sequence? I don't think so! I think just think of it as a small price to pay. Of course the desired end result is a healthy baby, but if all it does is help my internal functions and make the whole baby-making process less painful and more enjoyable for me, then I'll be a happy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...