Sunday 30 December 2012

I WILL achieve my dream


My husband and I have been indulging our every whim - eating what we want, drinking what we want and not caring about it. Well, that's not entirely true. I've been caring enough to walk 7 kms a day so I don't end my holidays being the size of a house! But basically, we're making the most of the opportunity because I've decided this is our last festive season without a baby. I've decided I WILL achieve my dream!

Positivity is always stronger than negativity. I believe that with a positive attitude, you can achieve anything in life. So with this positive attitude, I venture forward to make this baby thing happen.

I've been re-invigorated by one of my original posts that talked about what determined people go through to have a baby. Of course at the time of writing it, I was just hoping and praying that everything happened quickly and easily. Reading back, I'm still surprised that I did fall pregnant quickly and easily. Maybe it was too quick. Maybe it was too easy. However, the experience of losing a baby is not easy. And you don't get over it quickly. But it does make you more determined to achieve your baby dream.

I know some of you may be thinking how can you be so sure? Well, I can't be. I just choose to believe it will happen and I have the power to make it happen. I can't explain why I say that with certainty but I've never been more certain of anything in my life.

Perhaps it's because I'm inspired by my niece. I spent New Year's Eve with her last year and after a few wines, we both got teary over the fact she had had multiple miscarriages and was so desperate to have a baby. She found out she was pregnant on our wedding day this year, and had her rainbow baby 3 weeks ago. After all her struggles, losses and heartahce, she finally had her dream come true. 

I don't know why this time was different. I don't know why this one stuck when the others didn't. I don't know why this little angel was the one chosen to come into this world. But I do know that my enormously brave niece never gave up. I do know that she didn't let the hurt and fear of the past keep her from trying. I do know that she did everything she could to achieve her dream. I do know that if she can do it, so can I and by golly I will! 

Image by Keerati
Courtesy of www.freedigitalphotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...