Thursday 3 May 2012

Return of the fat

One of my greatest fears of being pregnant is getting fat. I know, you kind of have to get fat if you want to get pregnant. You can't avoid it. But for me, it's a bit more involved than that.

This October marks the 10th anniversary of me loosing 35 kilos. It's a lot of weight to loose and it's a lot of weight to have kept off for 10 years. So the thought of even having to put some of that weight back on chills me to the bone.

At 62, my Father just lost 20 kilos for my wedding. So it just goes to show you that no matter your age, if you put your mind to it, you can achieve anything. So it's not like I don't think I could get the weight off, it's just the thought of letting myself eat enough to put the weight on in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of starving myself through a pregnancy. I've seen friends eat whatever they like, succumbing to the "I'm eating for two" syndrome. Then they complain about putting on 20 kilos. I will be careful about what I eat and focus on the fact that every morsel I put into my body is fuel for my baby. So I won't be eating mountains of crap!

It will be something I will need to be focussed on and I will need to push myself out of my comfort zone. With the control I've had over to keep the weight off, I'll have to lax that a bit to ensure I have a healthy baby. Whoever heard of a woman no wanting to put weight on in her pregnancy? Oh well, there's always a first I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkedwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...